We have decided to leave the information below in tact and visible even though fund raising has ended. This is because we still believe. We still believe it can be done in one form or another. We’re moving ahead in new ways and introducing new services to the industry which could open a host of doors and present opportunities that weren’t available before. Potential investors and prospective partners are encouraged to get in touch.
This remains the ultimate ultimate objective – A facility based in Cumbria.
At Cumbria Hyperbaric We have a clear vision and a clear trajectory to achieve it and get to where we want to be. Our targets are realistic and will allow trouble free operation at least for the start-up years. Assets such as hyperbaric chambers don’t come cheap with our desired chamber currently priced somewhere between £400 000 and £500 000 depending on what we eventually decide on. First prize is a 20 seater, twin compartment, 6 A.T.A. chamber with all ancillary equipment. This will cost anything up to £500 000 with any additional funding set aside for operational running costs and project management as well as administrative expenses such as salaries, maintenance and insurance.
Notwithstanding that we may need to be realistic as well and start small and build from there with a more affordable less grandiose approach.
We would like to be able to operate for at least 3 years from opening even if we turn over very little in the way of income. This will allow us a good amount of time to become established and a familiar part of the community. Our ultimate goal is to remain completely funded by the community and charge nothing for our service. Notwithstanding that, hyperbaric services can generate more than enough income to return profit and cover initial setup costs. Somewhere in there a balance needs to be struck to encourage investment or donations from benefactors and philanthropists.
Our original trajectory got derailed when the Charity Commission decided that apparently they don’t consider health and community well being or the improvement of life a charitable cause. Yes that one took our breath away too!
Accordingly our timeline has become rather simple. And we won’t be deterred from our original objective. We aimed to:
1) Set up an information resource available to anyone who wants it for free. Check.
2) Develop a blog section with ongoing addition of relevant articles and scientific evidence supporting the use of HBOT, even if not for our own purposes, then for the general information of those who may not be aware that there are alternative options available outside of mainstream healthcare. An awareness campaign for lack of a better description. This resource is free too. We don’t charge for articles and information. Check.
3) (Now closed) Set Up pathways by which we can fundraise. Namely these are Paypal and GoFundMe. This will enable us to buy a hyperbaric chamber. It is our hope that people who find something useful on the site will leave a donation in exchange. Check. (Update 15 Jan 2020: Fund raising is now limited to Just giving and on the website) See the donations page for more). (Now closed)
4) Develop internal operations and training material to satisfy all current regulations and rules regarding the use of hyperbaric chambers. In Progress and now offered as a service.
5) Seek out hyperbaric chambers, either new or used, and connect with various suppliers and service companies with the required competencies and capabilities to assist us in our goals. We now have a number of very capable service providers available to us. Check.
6) Source appropriate premises to operate from. Currently we are seeking properties we could operate from, however we are most likely to operate from home in the initial months or even years once we open. In Progress.
7) Purchase a chamber and begin offering services to the community. We can only do this once we have achieved a minimum target of Circa £75 000. We also need to have enough funds to insure operations and cover business licensing and so on. In Progress.
Without doubt there will be many additional “in between tasks” to perform and ensure are done, but these are expected and well know in advance.
Watch this space as it evolves and we keep you updated.
©Copyright Cumbria Hyperbaric 2019